Ayurveda is one of the most ancient forms of medicine. It has been used for centuries now to heal and treat diseases and health problems of their root causes.
Any disease can be treated as Ayurveda gets into the root of the problem and heals you inside out.
It is the treatment of herbs and spices that one uses to heal the mechanism of our bodies.
If you’re underweight and wondering if Ayurveda can help you, you’re right, it can definitely help you!
How can Ayurveda work for weight gain?
Ayurveda works on a unique science of body types of every individual. Your metabolism and digestive system are first analysed when you’re trying to gain weight. Most people who’re underweight have a problem with their metabolism.
In Ayurveda, they say when a person’s ‘Agni’ or digestive power is weak, the person will never be able to digest his food well and his body will never gain weight. This is the root cause of being underweight in Ayurveda.
If you want to gain weight, you have to treat the main aspects considered to be the root causes in Ayurveda… Vatta, Pitta, Vayu and Agni. Find out what the root cause is, in 99% cases it is Agni if you’re underweight, but you should still check up once.
What does Ayurveda Suggest the Underweight?
According to Ayurveda, one must plan his meals based on his digestive capacity. If you’re someone who has an IBS or GERD, you should eat in small quantities, multiple times a day.
If you’re a diabetes patient, you should consume sweet fruits and vegetables partially in the morning and evening only.
If you have a chronic illness and are aiming for weight gain, you should focus more on fruits for breakfast, smoothies after a meal and an early dinner too. Ayurveda insists on planning meals as the Sun rises and sets.
If you have a weak ‘Agni’, you should eat more in the noon to gain weight, whereas if you have a strong ‘Agni’, you can and should eat more from noon to sunset.
What are some Ayurvedic remedies for weight gain?
Suggested remedies in Ayurveda are…
- Massages: Massages are a great way to release stress and feel lively again. Specific weight gain massages help you increase your appetite and digest better.
- Yoga: Yoga asanas are so popular these days, they’re done by everybody. However, there are some yoga asanas that exercise your gut and make you gain weight.
- Detoxification: You should detoxify your body quite often using herbs like tulsi, ashwagandha, Shatavari, and so on.
- Dairy Products: You must drink milk, consume cream, homemade butter, sweets and other dairy products.
- Consume Ayurvedic Supplements: Most Ayurvedic supplements have herbs and plants that are not commonly available and are needed to gain healthy body weight.
Which Ayurvedic Herbs can be used to gain Height?
Some herbs recognized by Ayurveda help gain weight so quickly…
- Chamomile: Chamomile is great to increase appetite and digestion. You can have chamomile tea every day.
- Dandelion Root: It is used by many women to help them gain weight and nourish their bodies with all the necessary nutrients.
- Ginger: It is used to treat digestive issues and malnutrition. If you’re nauseous, you can have a piece of ginger and it will increase your appetite.
- Custard Apple: Who doesn’t love custard? Consuming custard apple is directly linked with weight gain.
- Yasti: It is an exceptional herb/spice that treats people who are underweight.
- Ashwagandha: It is such a great supplement that is so natural and effective in boosting energy levels and appetite.
You may consume these herbs every day and see the results in a few weeks.
It is really amazing how some people can boost their immune system as well as appetite.
What to do if you can’t Gain Weight with Herbs?
It means some herbs don’t work on some people. You can opt to consult an Ayurvedic doctor or take a supplement that is ayurvedic.
Most ayurvedic supplements are tested and made for everyone. Regardless of your body’s condition, you can consume these supplements and gain weight.
You can look out for supplements that have Ashwagandha, Yasti and Shatavari for sure.
These three herbs are extremely essential for every thin person’s health. If you’re having a hard time finding the best supplements for you, you can ask for a prescribed supplement or powders.