11 Best Protein Rich Vegan Foods in India
Are you looking for a nutritious diet that can help you discover a trimmer waistline and regulate blood sugar levels while caring for the environment?
If your answer is a big yes, the vegan diet will be an excellent choice for you. Let us read more about the best protein rich vegan food in India and how it can help you stay fit and healthy.
What Is the Vegan Diet?
Veganism can be defined as a healthy way of living that excludes all forms of animal cruelty and exploitation. It is for this reason that the vegan diet is free from all animal products, including eggs, dairy, and meat.
Benefits of Protein-Rich Food
Reduces Appetite and Hunger Levels
Improves Heart Health
Stronger Immune System
Improves Bone Strength
Increases Muscle Mass and Strength
Helps in maintaining weight Loss
Boosts Energy Levels
Enhances the quality, appearance, and texture of the skin
Improves tissue and cell recovery
Different Types Of Vegan Diets
There are several vegan diets and the most common diets include:
- Raw-food vegan diet: It refers to a vegan diet that is based on fresh vegetables, raw fruits, nuts, or plant foods cooked at temperatures below 118°F (48°C).
- Whole-food vegan diet: It denotes a diet based on a range of whole plant foods like vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, fruits, and seeds.
- 80/10/10: This diet (also known as the low-fat, raw-food vegan diet, or fruitarian diet) limits the use of fat-rich plants like avocados and nuts. It relies primarily on soft greens and raw fruits.
Best Protein Sources for Vegans and Vegetarians
Curd (11 grams), cottage cheese (25 grams), and milk (8 grams) are good vegetarian sources of protein but it's time that you include:
- Lentils: 1 cup of cooked lentils provides 18 grams of protein along with 30 grams of dietary fiber.
- Red kidney beans: 1 cup of cooked red kidney beans is enriched with antioxidants and provides 16 grams of protein.
- Black Eyed Beans: 1 cup of cooked black-eyed beans provides 16 grams of protein, magnesium, potassium, and Vitamin B.
- Chickpeas: 1 cup of cooked chickpeas provides 14-16 grams of protein along with iron, vitamins, minerals, fiber, and carbohydrates.
- Amarnath: 1 cup of cooked Amaranth or Ram Daana offers 7 grams protein along with iron, B-vitamins, and magnesium.
- Green Peas: 1 cup of green peas provides 8 grams of protein and the goodness of leucine that helps with weight loss.
- French Beans: 1 cup of French or green beans provides 8 grams of protein plus vitamin-B6 and fiber.
- Broccoli: 1 cup of Broccoli provides 4 grams of protein along with calcium, vitamin B, vitamin C, and fiber.
- Spinach: A rich source of iron, 1 cup of Spinach also provides 5 grams of protein.
- Oats: Half a cup of whole dry oats provide 6.75 grams of protein while half a cup of instant oats offers 4.75 grams of protein.
- Milk: Milk, which is a rich source of protein, is also rich in calcium and promotes strong teeth, bone health, glowing skin, and a healthy immune system. However, it is best to look for skimmed options and avoid full-fat, especially weight loss is on your mind. Skimmed milk is fortified with Vitamin D and makes the best of the protein in milk. 1 cup serving of skimmed milk provides 8 grams protein.
Say yes to the best protein rich vegan food in India now and redefine healthy living!