Creatine is a popular workout supplement that is recommended by a majority of sports coaches and gym instructors?
However, a common question somehow generally is left unanswered: how long does it take for creatine to show results?
How Long Does It Take For Creatine To Work?
For you to feel the positive effects of creatine use, it is important for the creatine stores in your muscles to enhance to the point of muscle saturation. The entire process generally takes from 1-4 weeks, depending on whether or not a loading phase is used.
It is recommended that you should take 20 grams of creatine every day during the loading phase (first 7 days of creatine use) followed by a maintenance dose of 2-10 grams every day to ensure a smooth and effective creatine muscle saturation.
The results after creatine use can be experienced in as short as just one week if you have completed the creatine loading phase.
Results might be slightly delayed if you don't want or have not completed the creatine loading phase. In such cases, results can be usually noticed after 28 days.
Signs That Your Creatine Is Working
- You will be getting stronger: Creatine use will help you lift heavier weights with ease. You will be able to complete more sets and reps without feeling fatigue or tired. For instance, let's say that you usually bench 200lbs for 12 reps without creatine. This means that your muscles don't have enough energy to complete more reps after 12 reps. With creatine use, your muscles will have more energy and power than ever to complete more than 12 reps. If this is the case, it's a sign that your creatine is working its magic.
- You will be gaining muscles: As we have just covered, creatine supplementation helps you perform more sets and reps that makes your workouts more intense and productive. It will also lead to more micro-tears in your body's muscle fibers and your body will respond to this stress by repairing your muscle fibers and making them stronger and bigger. If you are able to gain more lean muscle than normal, it's a sign that your creatine is doing its job.
- You'll be gaining water weight: Creatine supplementation can lead to rapid weight gain and most of it will be water weight. This is primarily because water is drawn by creatine into the cells of your muscles. The good news is that there is absolutely no need to panic as you will not go fat. You can consume a low carb diet so your body holds less glycogen and less water. You can even consume more water so your body flushes out excess water and consume less sodium to reduce bloating.
- You'll feel mentally sharper: Creatine supplementation can enhance mental as well as physical performance. A study disclosed that creatine can improve reasoning/intelligence and short-term memory in healthy adults. It can also improve the results on number tests, long-term memory, and spatial recall.
- You'll have more stable energy levels: Creatine supplementation can reduce blood sugar levels by enhancing the functions of Glucose transporter type 4 (GLUT-4), which is an insulin-responding glucose transporter so you don't have to face brain fog, mood swings, and low energy.
Keep breaking your limits with our PRORGANIQ Creatine. Thank your for your valuable feedback. Stay supportive to us!
You must be performing your 12 reps very fast because the CP system does not last more than a few seconds, at maximum 10. By performing 12 reps one is utilizing the anaerobic glycolysis system, which uses carbs. So if you want to perform 12 reps, drink Gatorade. If you want increased strength and endurance in your first initial reps, take creatine ;)