Do you want to take your gym performance to the next level with BCAA supplements?
If your answer is a big yes, this blog on the 10 amazing benefits of BCAA supplements will surely be of great interest to you.
Branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) refer to three essential amino acids (leucine, valine, and isoleucine) that the human body is unable to produce on its own. Therefore, it becomes important for you to obtain them either through your diet or supplements.
Here's the 10 Benefits Of BCAA Supplements
- Increase muscle growth: One of the biggest advantages of BCAA Supplements is that they increase muscle growth. The BCAA leucine has the unique ability to activate a specific pathway in the human body to stimulate muscle protein synthesis that helps in making muscle.
- Provide a regular supply of energy: BCAA Supplements offer an additional source of energy for working muscles of the body when BCAA breakdown for energy increases during intense workouts. They also play a big role in overall protein turnover to ensure that the body is in a tissue building (recovery) state and not a tissue breakdown (catabolic) state.
- Fortify the immune system: Fitness enthusiasts may experience overtraining, fatigue, and immune suppression because of intense and high-volume strength training over days, weeks, and months. BCAA supplements can enhance the immune response to many weeks of intense endurance training. Immune cells of the body can utilize BCAAs as a source of fuel within the gut. This allows the immune system to protect against harmful pathogens and regenerate itself more efficiently.
- Protect lean muscle: Unarguably, the most important benefit of BCAA supplements is their unique ability to preserve muscle mass under extremely catabolic conditions (such as high-altitude mountaineering and ultramarathons) that are usually characterized by muscle wasting and protein breakdown.
- Improve aerobic and anaerobic performance: BCAA Supplements are known to improve the level of VO2max, which is the maximum possible quantity of oxygen that can be utilized by individuals during maximal or intense exercise. They can also increase all-out sprint peak power and average power relative to body mass. This helps you conquer your sets and reps with ease.
- Reduce muscle soreness: BCAA Supplements are highly effective to reduce muscle soreness, damage, and fatigue after intense workouts. This helps in reducing the severity and duration of delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) that usually develops 12-24 hours after workouts and may last up to 72 hours.
- Reduce protein breakdown: BCAA Supplements can reduce the levels of protein breakdown during workouts. Moreover, they can significantly reduce creatine kinase levels which is an indicator of muscle damage.
- Minimize exercise fatigue: BCAA Supplements also demonstrate unmatched efficacy to reduce exercise-induced fatigue. This is done by reducing tryptophan levels in the brain that could have otherwise got converted to serotonin which is responsible for the development of fatigue during strenuous workouts.
- Prevent muscle wasting: BCAAs can prevent muscle breakdown or wasting. In the human body, muscle proteins are constantly broken down and rebuilt. BCAA Supplements help in ensuring that the level of muscle protein synthesis exceeds protein breakdown so you don't experience muscle breakdown or wasting.
- Improve the quality of life of people with liver disease: BCAA Supplements can improve health in individuals who are diagnosed with cirrhosis (a chronic health condition in which the liver is unable to function smoothly). Studies have demonstrated that BCAA Supplements can have beneficial effects on the signs and symptoms of the disease.