Looking for information on the level of protein in rice per 100g? Let us explore the benefits of rice and the nutritional profile of rice to gain a clear and complete understanding.
A rich source of carbohydrates, Rice (Oryza sativa) is an excellent source of selenium, B vitamins, manganese, folate, magnesium, and fibre.
Rice is appreciated by fitness enthusiasts across the world as it helps in refuelling after intense workouts.
This is primarily because rice is an excellent source of easily accessible and quick carbohydrates that can quickly replenish muscle glycogen after strenuous workouts.
Rice also includes riboflavin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, copper, and phosphorus. It is highly useful to reduce the risk of breast cancer, osteoporosis, menopausal symptoms, and heart disease. Rice also promotes digestive function and the beneficial gut bacteria.
Nutritional Profile Of Rice:
- 100 grams of white rice includes 129 calories, 2.66 grams of protein, 0.28 grams of total fat, 0.4 grams of dietary fibre, 35mg of potassium, 10mg of calcium, and 365mg of sodium.
- 100 grams of boiled white rice includes 2.8 grams of protein, 0.5 grams of fibre, 31.1 grams of carbohydrates, and 0.4 grams of fat.
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice includes 4.99 grams of protein, 587mg of sodium, 3.5 grams of dietary fibre, 1.74 grams of total fat, 20mg of calcium, 84mg of potassium, and 0.82mg of iron.
- 100 grams of basmati rice includes 3.54 grams of protein, 0.4 grams of fibre, 25.22 grams of carbohydrates, 0.09 grams of saturated fats, 121 kcal energy, 32mg of potassium, 0.05 grams of sugar, and 0.122 grams of polyunsaturated fats.
- 100 grams of black rice includes 4mg of sodium, 3 grams of fibre, 38 grams of carbohydrates, 5 grams of protein, 173 calories, and 2 grams of fat.
- 100 grams of red rice includes 9.15 grams of protein, 0.76 grams of fat, 455 kcal energy, 244mg of potassium, 655mg of sodium, 0.159 grams of saturated fat, and 102.12 grams of carbohydrates.
- 100 grams of parboiled rice includes 5 grams of protein, 1 gram of fibre, 41 grams of total carbohydrates, and 194 calories.
We hope that this piece of information on the benefits of rice and the nutritional profile of rice was useful to you.