Milk is rich in a wide range of nutrients such as vitamins A, B, D, and E. It is also rich in calcium, protein, zinc, and phosphorus. Milk is vital to improve teeth and bone health and helps in better calcium absorption, stabilize the metabolism, and the conversion of food into energy.
Milk includes an essential amino acid (tryptophan) that uplifts the mood and helps you sleep. Moreover, the proteins in milk (including casein and whey) keep you satisfied and full for long.
Milk also plays an important role to keep the brain and digestive system healthy. It also improves your mental and emotional well-being. Milk is a great choice for post-workout recovery and rehydrating the body after intense workouts.
Nutritional Profile Of Milk
- 250ml of milk includes 8.48 grams of protein, 3.133 grams of saturated fat, 0.263 grams of polyunsaturated fat, 382mg of potassium, 18mg of cholesterol, and 106mg of sodium. It also includes 3.1mcg of vitamin D and 0.1mg of iron.
- A cup of goat milk includes 8.69 grams of protein, 168kcal energy, 139µg of vitamin A, 3.2mg of vitamin C, and 2mg of folate.
- A cup of buffalo milk includes 9.15 grams of protein, 237kcal energy, 129µg of vitamin A, 5.6mg of vitamin C, and 15mg of folate.
- A cup of cow milk (whole) includes 3.22 grams of protein, 60kcal energy, 28µg of vitamin A, 40mg of vitamin D, and 5mg of folate.
- A cup of whole milk includes 7.86 grams of protein, 146kcal energy, 349mg of potassium, 24mg of cholesterol, 98mg of sodium, and 4.551 grams of saturated fat.
- A cup of non-fat milk includes 8.35 grams of protein, 407mg of potassium, 127mg of sodium, 11.88 grams of carbohydrates, and 0.287 grams of saturated fat.
- A cup of 1% fat milk (calcium fortified) includes 8.32 grams of protein, 370mg of potassium, 109mg of sodium, 12.33 grams of carbohydrates, and 1.562 grams of saturated fat.
- A cup of 2% fat milk (semi-skimmed milk) includes 8.05 grams of protein, 366mg of potassium, 100mg of sodium, 11.42 grams of carbohydrates, and 3.067 grams of saturated fat.
- A cup of low-fat milk includes 8.22 grams of protein, 366mg of potassium, 107mg of sodium,, 12.18 grams of carbohydrates, and 1.545 grams of saturated fat.
We hope that this information on the health benefits of milk and the level of protein in milk 250ml was useful to you.